Sunday, October 7, 2012

Minimalist Fashion?

I think the first thing people tend to tackle as minimalists is probably their wardrobe. I guess it's kind of easy to get a feeling of accomplishment after sorting your clothes, and at the same time it's a relief not to have to schlep around so much stuff. Unlike other items in the house, I think that clothes are the one thing that is more noticeable in terms of accomplishment for minimalists. I, myself, have been tackling my wardrobe these days - I already gave away over 2 bags of clothes. I am left with some things that I need to go through but it's not as much of an emergency as before, because I got rid of the things that I knew for sure that I didn't want or need any more. The rest is stuff that I still wear nearly 10 years on, but I am thinking of getting different clothes now, as I am not the same person I was when I was in college - yes, I know I keep clothes a long time.

The back-to-school season usually goes together with a new wardrobe for most girls... If you guys are like me, you probably went shopping for new back-to-school outfits every year until the end of college!

So my question is: how do you address this push and pull between wanting less and wanting something different. Wanting less and wanting more at the same time. Wanting to be your professional self as well as your casual self.

This song by Whitney Houston says "I'm every woman", well how can you be every woman when you are trying to go for less clothes but your tastes are a bit fickle and change with the seasons?

What I try to do is go for timeless pieces and wonder how I could dress it up or down to make each piece very versatile, but sometimes I will admit that I do get bored and wish I had different things.

How do you go about it? Let me know in the comments section!

1 comment:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial article. Your blog information isn’t only useful but it is additionally creative with high content too. Now a days everyone looks for deal of the day products in online shopping.

    ReplyDelete